As of: December 2017
Modernisation of Public Transport in Lviv (Phase II)
Objective and activities
This project supported the city of Lviv to develop and plan a sustainable transport system. The focus of the project was to expand two tram lines to access districts that have grown dynamically in recent times. In addition, the project analysed future transport flows in order to improve transport management.
State of implementation/results
- The city of Lviv's environmental and social programme has been adopted and is currently being implemented.
- Consulting firm for project implementation and structural engineering work selected and commissioned.
- Plans for extending the proposed tram lines have been drawn up.
- Tenders for the construction of the tram lines have been invited-
- Support for the procurement of trains
- Planning and construction of a tram line