Designing and Communicating Low Carbon Energy Roadmaps for Small Island States of the Caribbean
As of: October 2021
The project prepared detailed roadmaps for the expansion of renewable energy usage in three countries. As a basis for this process, it collected a variety of data including the potential for renewable energy usage, the current electricity grid structure and the most significant electricity users. In addition, it analysed opportunities for increasing efficiency. The project also produced comprehensive analyses of the technological, social, economic and political environments, and identified opportunities to improve the situation in the partner countries through renewable energies and energy efficiency. It identified potential for the international transfer of technology and possible sources of financial support. Implementation of the roadmap has been promoted through dialogue events with key stakeholders such as parliamentarians, actors from the finance sector, and electric grid operators.
State of implementation/results
- Project completed.
- Energy Roadmaps for Jamaica, Haiti and the Dominican Republic have been published.
- Involvement of key stakeholders and potential financiers via workshops and dialogues.
- Sustainable Energy Roadmap for Jamaica published (www.worldwatch.org/…).
- Haiti Sustainable Energy Roadmap published (www.worldwatch.org/…).
- Press release: Haiti (www.worldwatch.org/…).
- Sustainable Energy Roadmap for the Dominican Republic published (www.worldwatch.org/…).