Dialogue and Information Platform for the Colombian Amazon
As of: April 2020
Objective and activities
The goal of the project is to contribute to the implementation of “Colombia's Low Deforestation Development Vision for the Amazon” (Amazon Vision). The project will achieve this goal by setting up a Coordination and Information Platform (CIP) that will be managed by civil society actors and supported by local governmental institutions. It will coordinate efforts, maximize synergies, increase collaboration in the implementation of policies and programs in Colombia’s Western Amazonia. By providing a structure to pool knowledge, increase capacity, and facilitate the deployment of financial resources, CIP aims to support the implementation of GHG mitigation activities, and ensure that the results of such activities (e.g. information, tools, programs and incentives) reach the right beneficiaries. CIP pursues a local approach that supports the centrally coordinated efforts of the Government to implement a sustainable land-use policy in Colombia.
State of implementation/results
- Successful setup of the functional structure of the Dialogue and Information Platform (PID), including the creation of a secretariat, a pro-bono advisory board, and a guidance manual.
- More than 200 documents available for download on the PID
- Mapped over 400 actors and 450 projects on the PID
- Steady increase of the outreach in social media (more than 40,000 people / month)
- Multi-stakeholder consultations and capacity building through 27 meetings and 15 workshops including the three project focus areas Caquetá, Guaviare, Bogotá.
- Launch of the PID website in early 2017 that functions as a search engine where interested parties can find actors and initiatives currently implemented in the Colombian Amazon. It also contains news articles, events, links of interest and a glossary.