Energy Efficiency Action Plan for the Kho Khao Holiday Island
As of: September 2021
The project has been providing support in reducing CO2 emissions from hotels on the island of Kho Khao in Thailand. To achieve this, it developed energy-saving recommendations for hotels, promoted the installation of solar thermal systems for water heating and prepared a feasibility study on a decentralised power supply for the island. As an accompanying measure, training courses were conducted in the region.
State of implementation/results
- Project completed
- Energy audits have been carried out for selected hotels on Kho Khao and across the region
- Activities in the field of energy efficiency and renewable energy in the tourism sector have been piloted
- An energy efficiency manual for Thai hotels has been compiled
- A 'Green Energy Concept' feasibility study has been carried out on a decentralised power supply for the island
- Publications have been completed and workshops held to disseminate the results of the project and deepen knowledge about available technologies.