Global PPP Programme III
As of: September 2021
Private investment and climate-friendly technologies are crucial for building a climate-friendly economy in emerging and developing countries. Therefore, the Climate Partnership Programme mobilises the private sector in developing and emerging economies and offers opportunities for private investments in climate-friendly development of the partner countries. The programme focuses on promoting the transfer of climate-friendly technologies, including related knowledge, and on developing resources and skills for the use of climate-friendly technologies by local partners. To this end, the programme supports projects of private companies that can contribute to the country’s development. Private sector projects may - for example - demonstrate the use of climate-friendly technologies, support the introduction and dissemination of innovative climate mitigation technologies or adapt proven technologies for the mitigation of greenhouse gas emissions to the specific conditions of the target countries.
Climate Protection Partnerships with the Private Sector / PPP Programme for Climate Protection
Global PPP Programme II
State of implementation/results
- Promotion of 19 projects on four continents, with a focus on energy efficiency and renewable energies:
- 1. Development of a sustainable technical and organisational solution for the waste management system in the city of Santander de Quilichao, Colombia.
- 2. Energy-efficient construction techniques with an emphasis on the use of innovative Sandwich panels for renovation and new construction, Vltava.
- 3. Stand-alone PV system, Philippines.
- 4. electrification for off-grid villages via solar-wind storage island systems, Nicaragua.
- 5. Photovoltaic Mini Grid, Bolivia.
- 6. Application possibilities, function and plant technology of biogas technology and optimization of an existing biogas plant, Colombia.
- 7. promotion of corporate climate protection management in the tourism sector. Training and consulting program for energy efficiency in the hotel industry, Peru.
- 8. Installation of a pilot solar power plant and proof of the scalability of the Technology, Niger: Solar Trainer was successfully delivered and phsyically connected to the local grid.
- 9. Energy contracting in the field of LED lighting in public and commercial buildings private sector, Mexico.
- 10. Demonstration of innovative ceiling elements for cooling buildings by means of Latent heat storage, Kenya.
- 11. Sustainable establishment of the recycling of biowaste with the goal of production of compost, Gambia: composting plant was built up and is in operation.
- 12. Development of a local supply network using biomass, Ghana.
- 13. Modular small biogas plant for the generation of electricity from organic Waste, Brazil.
- 14. ESCO model for photovoltaics, Kenya.
- 15. water-powered irrigation pumps, India.
- 16. Efficient cookstoves to reduce health and climate impacts, Cambodia. - 17. Electric motors for Lake Victoria fisheries, Kenya.