Organisation of Municipal Climate Initiatives in Croatia
As of: December 2020
The project was supporting selected Croatian towns and cities in developing local climate protection programmes. One of the key aspects was securing the necessary financing for such programmes using both local resources and funding programmes. In collaboration with the Croatian environment ministry and the city community Udruga Gradova, the project promoted the development and dissemination of examples of best practice in local climate protection.
State of implementation/results
- Project completed
- 19 participating communities appointed climate protection officers; officers trained in climate protection measures (energy efficiency, renewable energy) and financing
- Community networks for climate protection set up for continuous exchange on topics related to climate protection (renewable energy, energy efficiency, financing).
- Local subsidies enabled numerous small-scale energy efficiency measures to be implemented in participating municipalities
- The Ministry of Environmental Protection, Regional Planning and Construction and the Ministry of Economy, Labour and Entrepreneurship were included in the project implementation
- Study trip to Rhineland-Palatinate (September 2010) including a renewable energy training course (Energielandschaft Morbach - Morbach Energy Landscape))
- Project implementation spurred ideas for additional small projects, which applied successfully for ICI funding