Scholarship programme for young management professionals from developing and emerging countries in the field of climate and resource protection (phase II)
As of: January 2021
International exchange of knowledge, methods and technologies is key to effective global climate and environmental protection. Every year, the International Climate Protection Fellowship programme for future leaders from developing countries and emerging economies provided up to 20 fellows with the opportunity to conduct a research-based project of their own choosing within the field of climate protection and resource conservation at a host institute in Germany. The research period in Germany strengthened the knowledge and expertise of fellows on these issues. Upon their return to their home countries, the fellows were able to apply what they had learned and by this were able to make a positive impact on climate and environmental policy.
- Climate and resource protection scholarship programme for young professionals from developing and emerging countries (phase III)
Scholarship programme for young management professionals from developing and emerging countries in the field of climate and resource protection (phase I)
State of implementation/results
- Planning and execution of the annual selection process for scholarship recipients.
- Support for scholarship recipients during their stay in Germany.
- Organisation and execution of introductory seminars and final meetings.
- Participation of scholarship recipients in German language courses lasting several months.
- Conducting of additional training and networking meetings, for example a study trip to the Island of Vilm, Berlin and Dresden.
- Organisation of specialised exchange of views with German experts and multipliers from the scientific community and public life.