TRANSfer III - Facilitating the development of ambitious transport mitigation actions
As of: November 2020
Transport accounts for 27 per cent of energy-related CO2 emissions. Especially in emerging economies and developing countries, these emissions are rapidly growing. To increase their efforts in fostering climate-friendly transport, TRANSfer supports these countries in facilitating the development of implementable mitigation measures, which also contribute to their respective NDCs. The project serves as “Mitigation Action Preparation Facility” and follows a multi-donor approach to expand its support to even more countries. The project’s focus is on the development of a set of effective measures in five countries and an acquisition of matching funds. The project also supports selected measures in their early phase of implementation. Toolkits help to constantly improve and accelerate the project activities. International learning processes will foster an increase of the ambition level. As a result, the project activities potentially have a mitigation impact of at least 60 Million tonnes CO2 over ten years.
Towards Climate-Friendly Transport Technologies and Measures (TRANSfer II)
Facility for Environmentally-Friendly Transport Technology and Measures (TRANSfer I)
State of implementation/results
- Support of the Initiative "MobiliseYourCity".
- Cooperation with partner countries on mitigation actions in the transport sector – Annual event "Transport and Climate Change Week" in Berlin with participants from 30 countries (wwww.transportweek.org).
- Homepage of the project "Changing Transport" (www.changing-transport.org) incl. social media (twitter.com/…, www.youtube.com/…, www.facebook.com/…) and Changing Transport Newsletter (www.changing-transport.org/…).
- Transport and Climate Change Global Status Report in cooperation with SLoCaT (www.changing-transport.org/…).
- MobiliseYourCity Emissions Calculator and video-based-trainings in English, French and Spanish (mobiliseyourcity.net/…).
- Deutsche Welle video contribution on the city toll in Bangkok, which was supported by TRANSfer country support for Thailand (p.dw.com/…).
- Support for the shift of freight transport from road to rail and modernisation of trucks.
- Development of the Philippine Urban Mobility Program - Concept for a national urban transport program in the Philippines (www.changing-transport.org/…).
- Support for the development of a truck-scrapping program and a truck eco-driving program
- Support for the development of a national funding program for electric buses
- Development of a national urban transport program for Thailand with a focus on bus fleet renewal, introduction of a city toll and a public transport fund (www.changing-transport.org/…).