Operationalising Green Economy Transition in Africa
As of: July 2018
Objective and activities
Green Economy is increasingly recognized as the vehicle to put Africa on a low carbon, resource efficient development path. African governments are seeking advice on how to benefit from it. The project wants to bridge the gap between national strategies and local level decision making towards low-carbon and resource efficient development. The aim is to develop a tool which (1) opens up the potential of an area regarding resource use and (2) provides action plans for resource efficiency and job creation. The application of the tool will result in a better adapted economic development.
- Operationalising Green Economy Transition in Africa
State of implementation/results
- Assessment reports of all partner countries prepared including evaluation of the subnational planning, budgeting and implementation capacities and the existing legal framework.
- Baseline study to determine the development stage in the pilot regions regarding green economy approaches.
- Strategy for web-based knowledge management platform to disseminate lessons learned and for relevant actors to exchange experience.
- Implementation of capacity-building measures at local, regional and national levels to enable decision-makers for the implementation of green economy strategies.
- Selection of pilot regions for the application of the Toolbox for Green Economy measures as developed in the project.