Climate Change Mitigation Programme in Turkey III
As of: April 2018
Objective and activities
The project contributed to ensuring environmentally sound energy supply and more efficient use of energy in Turkey. To achieve this, KfW set up a long-term credit line for the Turkish environment and development bank Türkiye Sınai Kalkınma Bankası (TSKB) in the amount of EUR 60.1 million. TSKB used the funds to extend long-term loans for energy efficiency measures and renewable energies to private investors. The credit line was complemented by consultancy for TSKB staff in order to train them in the appraisal of investment projects in the fields of energy efficiency and renewable energies.
Phase III of the Climate Protection Programme Turkey built on the successes of Phases I and II, stimulating private-sector investment in innovative pilot projects of relevance to environmental performance and climate protection.
- Credit Programme Renewable Energies
- Credit Programme Climate Protection
State of implementation/results
- Project completed
- Total project volume: € 60,191,589 (low interest loan incl. accompanying measure)
- seven financing agreements for renewable energy projects concluded
- Training schemes carried out