Climate Policy Programme Brazil (PoMuC)
As of: June 2019
Objective and activities
The “Climate Policy Programme“ supports the Brazilian government in the successful implementation of selected areas of the national climate policy. This includes the development of a transparency system together with the Ministry of the Environment, monitoring the progress of Brazilian NDC implementation activities. The programme supports the Ministry with regard to the governance structure for the implementation of the REDD+ Strategy. As part of the implementation of the National Adaptation Plan, the programme provides advice for the creation of vulnerability maps. Institutional capacities of the National Climate Fund as well as in the field of climate finance are being strengthened.
State of implementation/results
- 2017/18: Support of inter-ministerial working group, developing a legislative proposal to reform the national Climate Fund
- 2017: Support of the preparation of the 1st Monitoring Report on the Implementation of the NAP (regarding adaptation the Brazilian NDC refers to the NAP)
- 10/2018: Preparatory work for an impact analysis for a national, company-related greenhouse gas reporting system has been be presented to the Ministries of Finance, Environment, Science and Industry (download possible under: diretoriopre.mma.gov.br/… =, only in Portuguese). --13.11.2018: IKI interface meeting on "Climate and Biodiversity: Communication with Impact"
- 12./13.11.2018: Presentation of the preliminary set of indicators for the REDD+ Safeguards Information System at the national level (SISREDD +) at a stakeholder seminar
- 21 ./22.11.2018: Presentation of the results of the study on vulnerability maps for all 5,570 Brazilian communities in the three risk categories droughts, floods and landslides for representatives at the federal and municipal level. The public provision of the results is still pending.
- 05.12.2018: presentation of the results of vulnerability studies at a side event at COP-24 at the Brazil Pavilion in Katowice under the topic "Adapting to climate change: Identifying impacts, vulnerabilities and implementing adaptation measures"