Energy Efficiency Action Plan for the Kho Khao Holiday Island
As of: April 2018
Objective and activities
The project has been providing support in reducing CO2 emissions from hotels on the island of Kho Khao in Thailand. To achieve this, it developed energy-saving recommendations for hotels, promoted the installation of solar thermal systems for water heating and prepared a feasibility study on a decentralised power supply for the island. As an accompanying measure, training courses were conducted in the region.
State of implementation/results
- Project completed
- Energy audits have been carried out for selected hotels on Kho Khao and across the region
- Activities in the field of energy efficiency and renewable energy in the tourism sector have been piloted
- An energy efficiency manual for Thai hotels has been compiled
- A 'Green Energy Concept' feasibility study has been carried out on a decentralised power supply for the island
- Publications have been completed and workshops held to disseminate the results of the project and deepen knowledge about available technologies.