Energy efficiency in public buildings in Turkey
As of: May 2018
Objective and activities
The project aims to strengthen the legal, technical and administrative requirements to increase energy efficiency in public buildings supporting sustainable, economic and technological development in Turkey. Technology-related incentives are being introduced, and information and awareness-raising campaigns are being carried out to stimulate demand for energy services and efficient technologies. The project is carried out by the Deutschen Gesellschaft für internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) under the framework of the German Climate Technology Initiative (DKTI).
State of implementation/results
- Realisation of a study-Tour (municipal energy management, passive building construction);
- Overview of existing legislation concerning energy efficiency;
- Market study for energy efficiency in public buildings;
- Training with 200 participants on energy efficient construction and implementation of the EU directive on energy efficiency in buildings;
- Elaboration of a methodology to collect energy relevant data of buildings.
- Workshop for the Turkish Ministry of Environment and Energy on the modeling of an energy efficiency database with regard to NDC reporting for UNFCCC.
- Publication of an ‘Energy Efficiency Technology Atlas for the Turkish Buildings Sector’ 2017
- Training on a Building Energy Performance Software