Energy Efficient Urban District
As of: June 2019
Objective and activities
The project objective is the model application of resource-efficient measures and modern technologies in the planning, construction and operation of a building complex in Ukraine. All experience gained through the project is passed on to Ukraine’s construction sector. To this end, building contractors, architects and construction companies are advised and given support in developing design concepts. Furthermore, calculations are made and published to demonstrate the expected operational benefits, reductions in energy consumption and greenhouse gas emissions.
State of implementation/results
- Various exemplary measures implemented to improve energy efficiency in a construction project (windows, shading, solar thermal heating system/heat pumps, decentralised, controlled ventilation of individual rooms, monitoring of energy consumption, baseline study)
- Workshops, training courses and seminars attended by around 400 participants
- Green building and energy efficiency introduced as modules on the construction course at the Kyiv College of Building, Architecture and Design; 12 RETScreen trainers began a course at the Kyiv National University of Construction and Architecture
- Travelling exhibition shown in 15 cities
- Website designed and launched
- Financing strategies formulated (including cooperation agreements with energy service companies)
- The Green Building Council Ukraine was established in 2011. It actively promotes sustainable construction among investors and building developers and has introduced building certificates to the market.