Expanding renewable energies in Viet Nam
As of: October 2018
Objective and activities
The project supported the development of the policy framework to achieve a remarkable expansion of renewable energy in Viet Nam and to implement the national GHG reduction strategy. To this end, the project was strengthening institutional structures and capacities in the field of renewable energy. This included the support of establishment of a new Renewable Energy department within the ministry responsible (MoIT). By delivering training and continuous professional development on technical and management topics, the project disseminated knowledge and skills with the focus on grid connected bioenergy systems.
- Improving the Energy Policy Setting for Renewable Energies and Grid-Connected Pilot Wind Energy Project
State of implementation/results
- Project completed
- Three studies have been completed analysing promotional mechanisms for grid-connected bioenergy power plants for generating electricity and for relevant actors.
- The Vietnamese Prime Minister introduced two promotional mechanisms for fostering projects that use biomass and waste to produce grid-connected electricity.
- Information gathering missions for policy-makers to Thailand, Germany and Denmark
- Two training measures on 'Grid-connected applications and the financing of bioenergy plants' have been conducted.