Global PPP Programme
As of: July 2018
Objective and activities
The PPP Programme contributes to a public/private cooperation in developing countries with the goal to mobilize private climate finance to support target countries to reduce greenhouse gas emissions. The programme also contributes to technology transfer.
- Global PPP Programme III
- Climate Protection Partnerships with the Private Sector / PPP Programme for Climate Protection
State of implementation/results
- Project completed
- Promotion of 15 projects on four continents, primarily in the fields of energy efficiency and renewable energy
- January 2015: organisation of a workshop to present the results from the standpoint of BMUB, DEG and representatives of the private sector
- Publication of a documentary report on phase 1 (brief descriptions of all promoted projects and lessons learned). Key results:
- 1. In markets with considerable potential but to some extent inadequately trained personnel, access can be successfully achieved through a climate partnership.
- 2. It proved possible to increase the visibility of the projects by involving local multipliers and creating local capacities, and by establishing high-profile technology transfer.
- 3. Two thirds of the partner companies plan to tap markets in other neighbouring and emerging countries, as well as continuing their involvement in the target country.
- 4. More than 70% of the partner companies state that they have boosted the business potential of their technology in the target country as a result of the project being implemented.