Green Economy Transformation in Cooperation with the Partnership for Action on Green Economy (PAGE) – Synergies between Low-carbon Pathways and Sustainable Development Goals (SDG)
As of: March 2019
Objective and activities
The project aims to strengthen the capacity of key actors in public institutions to implement SDGs and NDCs in a more coherent way with the help of Green Economy approaches. (Outcome). Relevant experience will be communicated at the international level and used by other countries in their activities. The project supports existing transformation approaches in the partner countries of Peru, South Africa and Uruguay, in which dialogue is promoted by key actors involved in the implementation of SDGs and NDCs. It complements the activities of PAGE and other IGE initiatives as well as bilateral projects, in particular in the field of climate change. The project links activities at the national level with global expert and policy networks, and in so doing promotes an exchange of knowledge and transformation partnerships. BMUB is supported in assuming a major role in the multilateral and bilateral IGE debate and in positioning Germany as a pioneer and partner.
- Enhancing low-carbon development by greening the economy: policy dialogue, advisory services, tracking progress
- Enhancing low-carbon development by greening the economy in cooperation with the Partnership for Action on Green Economy (PAGE)
State of implementation/results
- The project supported BMU in reporting via BMU Twitter to the PAGE-Side Event.
- A project flyer is available online (www.un-page.org/…) and in paper form.
- A public and BMU-internal information event in Berlin on PAGE and the ministerial conference is currently being discussed.