Permanent Office – Indo-German Energy Forum (Phase 2 – Climate Change Mitigation and Decentralised Power Generation – Indo-German Energy Forum)
As of: December 2019
Objective and activities
Since the beginning of 2016, the project provided climate and energy policy consulting services to the Indian and German partners, especially regarding the "Indo-German Climate and Renewables Alliance", which was newly launched by Chancellor Merkel and Prime Minister Modi. Until 2015, the project also supported the 'Indo-German Energy Forum' (IGEF) with its branch offices in New Delhi and Berlin. From there, various services were offered, such as the organization of events, the support of cooperation projects and technology transfer as well as the exchange of experiences on sustainable energy policy.
- Climate Protection and Distributed Energy Supply - German-Indian Energy Forum
State of implementation/results
- Project completed
- Organization of several meetings of the Indo-German Energy Forum with large participation of Indian and German ministries, as well as representatives from industry and civil society
- frequent meetings of various working groups on the topics of energy efficiency, renewable energies, including in Delhi, Mumbai and Berlin;
- Facilitation of IGEF via public relation;
- Energy Market Study: The Energy Market Study India is a comprehensive compendium on the Indian energy market with current figures as well as an overview of all important players on the Indian electricity market, a discussion of current energy policy and an overview of German investment opportunities. A reference book for analysts, media makers and potential investors.
- Since its reorientation, the project has been focusing on the support, conceptual design and implementation of the "Indo-German Climate and Renewables Alliance", which was adopted by Prime Minister Modi and Federal Chancellor Merkel on 5 October 2015.