Programme for the Development and Implementation of a Climate Change Policy in Thailand
As of: January 2020
Objective and activities
The project supported Thailand’s environment ministry in elaborating and implementing its national climate change strategy and reducing greenhouse gas emissions. International experts advised the various political bodies, and the project built the necessary implementation capacities at the relevant institutions at national and subnational level. In addition, it assisted Thailand with regard to international cooperation on climate policy and promoting awareness-raising and societal participation in dealing with climate change issues.
- Support to the Strategic Alignment and Implementation of Climate Change Policy in Thailand
State of implementation/results
- Project completed
- Comprehensive support is being provided in the process of elaborating and developing Thailand's Climate Change Master Plan 2012-2050 I.
- ONEP staff, climate change coordinators at the competent ministries, and other stakeholders are participating in training courses on topics such as mitigation, adaptation and corresponding strategy development and implementation, and are integrated into project measures;
- Two pilot regions are being supported in developing climate action plans;
- Television and print media have communicated information to the public on the preparations for and outcomes of international climate policy (UNFCCC negotiations) as well as Thai climate policy; training provided for journalists to enable them to raise climate change awareness among the public