Sino-German Climate Partnership
As of: November 2018
Objective and activities
The project supported Sino-German climate dialogue in order to intensify bilateral cooperation on climate protection. It focused particularly on analysing, evaluating and processing relevant information, carrying out background studies in support of technology cooperation, promoting scientific exchange, and increasing the involvement of German industry. In addition to handling the organisational preparations for meetings of the Sino-German climate working group, the project provided additional content-related support on the topics that the group discusses. International experience was being fed into Chinese climate policy discussions, along with technical expertise and information gained from specialist publications, round tables and workshops. Relevant outcomes from the bilateral working group were transmitted to the German, South African and South Korean initiative ‘MRV and Mitigation Partnership’.
- Sino-German Climate Partnership and Cooperation on Renewable Energies
- Sino-German Climate Partnership - Phase III
State of implementation/results
- Project completed
- Preparation, execution, post-processing of the annual meetings of the bilateral climate working group
- Information to support climate protection cooperation between Germany and China (for example, in the form of news, project information, background papers) continuously collected and prepared
- Advisory support provided to a Chinese team of experts in developing a national adaptation strategy, inter alia through study trips focusing on the issue of adaptation, joint workshop on adaptation strategies, dialogue workshops on adaptation strategy attended by relevant national stakeholders. The expert exchange as carried out in the framework of the project was incorporated into the Chinese national adaptation strategy, which was published in November 2013.