As of: January 2018
Training of key stakeholders for climate protection in the housing sector
Objective and activities
Based on a previous International Climate Initiative project, this project systematically strengthens the capacity and knowledge of policy-makers and relevant officials in Chinese provinces and cities in the fields of energy-saving measures and energy efficient renovations in the building sector. To this end, the project develops training methods, which – as requested by the partners – are primarily designed using German know-how and technology expertise. In addition, the training measures address how the building sector can be included in an emissions trading system, which would then serve as a potential source of financing for energy efficient renovation of buildings. A 'training the trainers' approach used in cooperation with training institutes helps disseminate the expertise beyond the project.
- Climate Change Mitigation by Promoting Energy Efficiency in Buildings
State of implementation/results
- Project completed
- In the framework of the project a pool of Chinese trainers for a widespread knowledge transfer was built to ensure the continuation of the project. New interactive methods and action training were introduced.
- In consultations between all partners training needs in Chinese cities have been identified. New training curricula, materials and formats were designed in cooperation with German experts.
- More than 1,000 people took part in a series of so called “Road shows” piloted in September 2014 in different Chinese cities.
- Representatives from the partner ministry MOHURD, decision-makers and other key players visited Germany on study tours in order to familiarise themselves with German experience in low-carbon urban development.