TRANSfer III - Facilitating the development of ambitious transport mitigation actions
As of: January 2020
Objective and activities
Transport accounts for 27% of energy-related CO2 emissions, and is a rapidly growing sector. To achieve the goal of staying below 2 degrees Celsius of global warming, transformation and extensive decarbonisation is necessary. TRANSfer’s objective is to increase the efforts of developing countries and emerging economies to foster climate-friendly transport with international support. TRANSfer facilitates the development of mitigation measures by establishing multi-donor initiatives (WP1) and toolkits that allow for economies of scale (WP2). New measures will be developed in at least five countries, including efficiency improvements in freight transport (IDN, PER), urban transport policy or emission standards (PHL, THA) (WP3). International learning processes will foster an increase of the ambition level (WP4). With this, TRANSfer is preparing a mitigation impact of at least 60 MtCO2 over ten years. TRANSfer acts as an incubator for transport mitigation actions in order to unlock mitigation potentials.
- Towards Climate-Friendly Transport Technologies and Measures (TRANSfer II)
- Facility for Environmentally-Friendly Transport Technology and Measures (TRANSfer I)
State of implementation/results
- Support of the Initiative "MobiliseYourCity"
- Cooperation with partner countries on mitigation actions in the transport sector
- Second "Transport and Climate Change Week" with conference, seminars and field trips took place in September 2018 in Berlin with participants from 20 countries (wwww.transportweek.org)
- Homepage of the project "Changing Transport" (www.changing-transport.org)
- Thailand: Supervision of launch of Thailand's NDC Action Plans (www.changing-transport.org/…)
- Philippines: National workshop on modernising the bus services (www.changing-transport.org/…)