PANORAMA: Solutions for Healthy Planet Project
PANORAMA – Solutions for a Healthy Planet is a unique example of a bottom-up, multi-actor, cross-sectoral initiative combining a digital platform dedicated to identify and disseminate proven solutions with offline learning and sharing resources and activities (exchange events, trainings, webinars, publications). The current thematic areas include Protected and Conserved Areas, Marine & Coastal, Ecosystem based Adaptation, Agriculture & Biodiversity, Business Engagement, Nature-Culture, Sustainable Urban Development & Resilience, Forest Landscape Restoration and Species Conservation. In that way PANORAMA is promoting replicable solutions and their uptake that demonstrate how well protected biodiversity and well managed ecosystems help address societal challenges, increase resilience and adaptation to climate change and thereby achieve development benefits.
- IKI funding
- 2,000,000.00 €
- 01/2020 till 12/2023
- Implementing organisation
- United Nations Development Programme (UNDP)
- Implementing Partner
- Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH
- International Union for Conservation of Nature and Natural Resources (IUCN) - Switzerland
State of implementation/results
- Two storytelling sessions were organised as part of IUCN Global Youth Summit to promote solutions from youth-led organisations & engage with young people via storytelling. (panorama.solutions/…)
- In June, PANORAMA Partners launched a new thematic community on Forest Landscape Restoration (FLR) as part of the of the Official Launch Program of the UN Decade on Ecosystem Restoration. (panorama.solutions/…)
- The Species Conservation thematic community was soft-launched during the IUCN World Conservation Congress. (panorama.solutions/…)
- IUCN launched a book titled “Solutions for Development Challenges – insights from protected and conserved areas”. The publication is based on meta-synthesis of 106 protected and conserved area solutions from PANORAMA, in the context of the SDGs. (doi.org/…)
- The 2021 Pathfinder award was officially launched on June 1st. Overall, over 400 nominations have been received. A winning initiative will be officially announced in mid-November.
- The PANORAMA Partnership has been expanded to include the following thematic communities and partners: Sustainable Urban Development and Resilience with the World Bank as new partner and the thematic community Nature-Culture with the new partners ICOMOS and ICCROM.
- An analysis on urban solutions for a sustainable development and their contribution to SDG 11 is ongoing.
- A strategic collaboration with the CBD secretariat on the support of PANORAMA to the implementation of the Long-term Strategic Framework for Capacity Development, as well as the Knowledge Management component of the post-2020 Global Biodiversity Framework took place.
- The Blue Solutions Initiative presented a booklet which offers a zoom into twenty-four marine and coastal Nature-based Solutions from the PANORAMA platform and their successful implementation for Nationally Determined Contributions in the national, sub-national and even project-level context: Can oceans and marine environments help combat the climate emergency? (panorama.solutions/…).
- The following webinars have been organized as part of PANORAMA´s knowledge sharing approach: “Geodiversity and Geoconservation“ (panorama.solutions/…) and “Creating Effective Multi-stakeholder Partnerships for Conservation” (panorama.solutions/…).
- PANORAMA produces a biannual newsletter (panorama.solutions/…).