As of: January 2017
Energy efficiency in public buildings in Turkey (DKTI)
Objective and activities
The programme "Energy Efficiency in Public Buildings" under the framework of the German Climate Technology Initiative (DKTI) is envisaged with the objective to improve the efficient use of energy in public buildings in Turkey. By achieving the objective, the overall efficiency of energy consumption of Turkey shall be improved, energy imports shall be reduced and positive contributions to the energy security of Turkey and to the protection of global climate change shall be provided. It is expected that the programme will have positive impacts on employment and income generation in Turkey.
The technical cooperation component aims to improve the legal, technical and administrative framework for increasing energy efficiency in public buildings as part of Turkey’s sustainable, economic and technological development.
Technology-related incentives are being introduced, and information and awareness-raising campaigns are being carried out to stimulate demand for energy services and efficient technologies.
State of implementation/results
- Realisation of a study-Tour (municipal energy management, passive building construction);
- Overview of existing legislation concerning energy efficiency;
- Market study for energy efficiency in public buildings;
- Training with 200 participants on energy efficient construction and implementation of the EU directive on energy efficiency in buildings;
- Elaboration of a methodologie to collect energy relevant data of buildings.
- Workshop for the Turkish Ministry of Environment and Energy on the modeling of an energy efficiency database with regard to NDC reporting for UNFCCC.