Global PPP Programme II
As of: October 2021
Private investment and climate-friendly technologies are crucial for building a climate-friendly economy in emerging and developing countries. Therefore, the Climate Partnership Programme mobilised the private sector in developing and emerging economies and offered opportunities for private investments in climate-friendly development of the partner countries. The programme focused on promoting the transfer of climate-friendly technologies, including related knowledge, and on developing resources and skills for the use of climate-friendly technologies by local partners. To this end, the programme supported projects of private companies that contributed to the country’s development. Private sector projects may have - for example - demonstrated the use of climate-friendly technologies, supported the introduction and dissemination of innovative climate mitigation technologies or adapted proven technologies for the mitigation of greenhouse gas emissions to the specific conditions of the target countries.
Climate Protection Partnerships with the Private Sector / PPP Programme for Climate Protection
State of implementation/results
- Project completed.
- Phase II of the climate partnerships with industry has been completed. 15 energy-efficient technologies and technologies that use renewable energy use is successfully demonstrated and local partners are sensitised to this. Capacities have been built up in the relevant areas and around EUR 3.3 million of private funding:
- 1. Establishment of administrative structures and technical support in the field of biogas feed-in, Brazil.
- 2. Setting up networks to increase energy efficiency (EE) and developing concrete measures for identified EE potentials and best practice examples, Turkey.
- 3. Marketing and demonstration of hybrid systems (Solar/PV/Thermi), Brazil.
- 4. Development of specific hardware and software for Mobile Solar Kiosks, Rwanda.
- 5. Introduction of heat recovery systems especially in the textile industry, Turkey.
- 6. Promotion of Resource Efficient Buildings through Sustainable Building Management Systems and related technical training programmes, India
- 7. Market launch and technology demonstration of solar-powered, energy self-sufficient small wastewater treatment plants, Brazil.
- 8. Preparation of a substrate atlas in three districts for the development of the biogas potential, Moldavia.
- 9. Introduction and construction of a demonstration plant for steam jet refrigeration technology for building air conditioning and efficiency improvement, Turkey.
- 10. Solar and wind-powered membrane filtration plant for the treatment of drinking water, Colombia.
- 11. Processing of chicken manure for use in biogas plants and as fertiliser, South Africa.
- 12. Introduction of electric mototaxis (tuk-tuks): fleet application, hall for assembly and maintenance of the mototaxis, Peru.
- 13. Capacity building for off-grid power supply and set up of an entire production facility for Solarkiosk, Ghana, and establishment of a production facility for solar kiosks, Ghana.
- 14. Pilot operation of electric zero-emission vehicles for data collection and development of a sustainable mobility concept for small island states, Tonga.
- 15. Solar Energy Dissemination on dispersed islands and communities, St Vincent and the Grenadines.