Thematic Call 2022
The deadline for submitting project outlines for this year’s ideas competition is 21 February 2023, 11:59 p.m. (CET). Project outlines must be submitted via the IKI online platform.
One or two projects per thematic priority will be selected. The funding volume provided by the IKI per project can range from 10 to 20 million Euro depending on the thematic priority.
From 01.11.2022 to 21.02.2023
Participation in the ideas competition
Funding or commissioning within the framework of the IKI Thematic Call 2022 is preceded by an ideas competition. Participation in the ideas competition of the Thematic Call is open to German and international grant recipients as well as to contractors in the form of implementing organisations of the German Federal Government.
To participate in the ideas competition of this year’s Thematic Call interested implementing organisations are invited to submit a project outline responding to one of the thematic priorities listed below. Please find here a detailed description of these thematic priorities.
The following thematic priorities are available:
- Net Zero by 2050 without fossil fuels: The role of gas in the decarbonisation of the energy sector
- Divestment strategies and other innovative approaches to redirect private and public cash flows into climate-friendly alternatives
- Agri-photovoltaics – promotion of photovoltaic expansion on agricultural land
- Climate-friendly continued use and re-use of former power plant sites
- NDC implementation through sector coupling
- Climate-neutral regional development through environmentally sound raw material extraction and processing in the countries of the SADC region
- Protecting freshwater resources for increased climate resilience in the Pacific Islands
- Deforestation-free supply chains of agricultural commodities
- Effective biodiversity and climate action through the promotion of sustainable public incentive systems
- Prevention and reduction of the negative impacts of invasive alien species on island ecosystems and their services
- Strategic communication and the raising of the awareness of the importance of biodiversity
- Strengthening the resilience of Pacific island states to climate-related loss and damage
Relevant information on the ideas competition
In general, projects implemented by organisations from Germany and abroad receive funding through grants. The basis for this is set out in this funding announcement: :
Information for implementing organisations of the German Federal Government (for example GIZ or KfW) on how to participate in this ideas competition is provided in the following document (document is available only in German):
The thematic priorities are explained in detail in the following document:
Recording of the online seminar
The seminar provided an overview of the ideas competition for the 2022 Thematic Call, and participants also had the opportunity to ask questions.
The link has been copied to the clipboard