Report on the project progress
Implementing organisations are required to report on the progress of their project. Here you will find important information and documents to submit the appropriate reporting. Please select the appropriate selection procedure for your project.
The International Climate Initiative (IKI) is committed to high level transparency. Therefore, all IKI implementing organisations must submit an annual report on the progress of their project referred to as interim reports.
Furthermore, in order to inform the general public about current measures and interesting project results, the IKI requests for biannual updates from its implementing organisations.
The interim report provides information on the progress of the project and consists of, as a rule, a cover sheet, a technical report and a financial statement.
The technical report consists of information on the accomplished project results, IKI standard indicators and IKI safeguards. The financial statement serves to document the use of the funding.
Implementing organisations that forward grants to implementing partners (organisations receiving forwarded grants) within the framework of the project are legally obliged to check the interim accounts of each individual organisation receiving a forwarded grant. The implementation as well as the result of the interim report review must be documented and confirmed by the first receiving organisation on the “Cover sheet of the substantive report”. The “IKI-Guideline for the review of the interim report of the sub-grantee by the grantee” serves for orientation purposes regarding the content of the review.
The IKI Office of ZUG provides corresponding templates for the submission of the required information. These templates can be downloaded from this page.
Please submit the documents annually by 30 April via e-mail to the IKI Office of ZUG. Multilateral organisations have alternative regulations and these are set out in the grant agreements.
- The documents must be submitted by e-mail as Word- and Excel-compatible files as well as PDF files.
- The project number must be stated as the e-mail reference.
The IKI Office of ZUG reviews the interim reports and if necessary, requests further information from the implementing organisations.
The biannual updates are less extensive. During the biannual updates, the IKI Office requests relevant project results including released publications and videos. The IKI publishes this information on the individual project pages on the IKI website. The biannual updates are thus a good and simple way for the implementing organisation to present their project work to the public.
In addition, the biannual updates are an important source of information for the ministries and for project supervision by the IKI Office of ZUG with regards to politically relevant developments in the project environment and important events in the implementation.
The IKI Office of ZUG provides a template that can be downloaded from this page.
Please submit the biannual updates respectively on 31 March and 15 September to the IKI Office of ZUG by e-mail.
- IKI Template Interim Report Technical Report (02/2023) (English, DOCX, 140 KB)
- IKI Template Interim Report Financial Statement (Expenditure Basis) (02/2023) (German, XLSX, 39 KB)
- IKI Template Interim Report Financial Statement (International Grantees) (02/2023) (English, XLSX, 39 KB)
- IKI Template Interim Report Financial Statement (Multilateral Organisations) (06/2022) (English, XLSX, 37 KB)
- IKI Template Annex 7 Standard Indicator Report (07/2023) (English, XLSX, 1 MB)
- IKI Template Biannual Project Update (01/2023) (English, DOCX, 145 KB)
IKI Administrative Guidelines (03/2021)
(English, PDF, 1 MB)
(The guidelines are currently being revised. If you have specific questions, please contact the IKI project support responsible for your project).
- IKI Guidelines on Project Planning and Monitoring (07/2023) (English, PDF, 2 MB, barrier-free)
- IKI Guidelines on how to write a short project description (03/2022) (English, PDF, 162 KB, barrier-free)
- IKI Guidelines Interim Report Review of Subgrantee (09/2022) (English, PDF, 127 KB, barrier-free)
- IMG Template Progress Statement (02/2023) (English, DOCX, 204 KB)
- IMG Template Annex 3 Standard Indicator Report (07/2023) (English, XLSX, 1 MB)
- IMG Debriefing Guiding Questions (02/2023) (English, PDF, 336 KB, barrier-free)
- IMG Template Debriefing Minutes (02/2023) (English, DOCX, 201 KB)
- IMG Template Receipt List (02/2022) (English, XLSX, 33 KB)
- IMG Template Inspection Note (02/2023) (English, DOCX, 150 KB)
- IMG Template Biannual Update (02/2023) (English, DOCX, 144 KB)
Financial Statement (to be submitted via the profi Online platform) (German)
The IKI Small Grants are implemented by the Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH. All relevant funding information can be found on the IKI Small Grants website.
For further information or questions, implementing organisations can contact the respective IKI project support or the IKI Office.
Zukunft – Umwelt – Gesellschaft (ZUG) gGmbH
The link has been copied to the clipboard