Smart Energy Concepts Chile
As of: April 2021
After mining, the agricultural and food industry is the second most important export sector in Chile. However, the sector must reduce its energy costs and produce more sustainably if it is to remain competitive. The project supports energy efficiency measures and the integration of renewable energies: processes are being improved in the country’s companies to reduce CO2 emissions, to introduce innovative technologies and to lower production costs. Training courses, access to information, feasibility studies and the transfer of technologies support companies in implementing measures to mitigate emissions. Working in cooperation with the Chilean Energy Agency, the project has developed a sector energy concept and trained multipliers from the energy, food and agriculture sectors, thus contributing to reducing greenhouse gas emissions in Chile and promoting the sustainable development of the agricultural and food sector.
State of implementation/results
- Creation of an industry energy concept for the agricultural and food sector.
- Creation of an interactive web platform that brings together companies from the agricultural and food sector with technology providers for energy efficiency
- Sector-specific training courses on energy efficiency in the agri-food sector.
- Energy efficiency in agriculture: delegation visits with companies of various sizes with expert advice.
- Seminars with presentation of best practice examples from Germany and Chile.
- Seminars on energy efficiency and renewable energy in agriculture.
- Financing of 18 feasibility studies of energy efficiency measures in the agricultural and food sector.