Inspire, support, and mobilize forest and landscape restoration
This project was part of the Global Partnership on Forest and Landscape Restoration (GPFLR) and was contributing to the Bonn Challenge with a target to inspire national commitments to restore forest landscapes by 2018. To achieve their aims, the project partners set up a Global Forest Landscape Restoration Council and organized regional convenings to raise awareness and inspire national commitments. The project was also analyzing options for restoring landscapes and reducing greenhouse gas emissions in the target countries (BRA, IDN, RWA, KEN, PER) and developing appropriate instruments and methods to implement those (ROAM and FLR baselines in RWA, SLV, NIC, HON). In this way, the project was facilitating the acquisition of knowledge and competence in this field on a global scale.
- Brazil, El Salvador, Honduras, Indonesia, Kenya, Nicaragua, Peru, Rwanda
- IKI funding
- 3,498,323.00 €
- 01/2013 till 03/2018
- Implementing organisation
- World Resources Institute (WRI)
- Political Partner
- Ministry of Environment (MINAM) - Peru
- Ministry of Environment - Brazil
- Ministry of Environment and Forestry (KLHK) - Indonesia
- Ministry of Natural Resources (MINIRENA) - Rwanda
- Secretariat of the Environment for the state of Pará - Brazil
- State Ministry of National Development Planning (BAPPENAS) - Indonesia
State of implementation/results
- Project completed
- New pledges were made to the Bonn Challenge, reaching a total number of 45 commitments for 156 million hectares pledge, surpassing the initial target of 150 million hectares committed to restoration by 2020.
- In Brazil, the final reports from the ROAM application in Pará state have been published by Imazon.
The link has been copied to the clipboard