Promoting Green Deal Readiness in the Eastern Partnership Countries (ProGRess)
The project supports the countries of the Eastern Partnership in their transition to climate-friendly economic development. It aims to improve the conditions for the transformation of EU trade-related agricultural and industrial value chains. The project promotes the introduction of innovative technologies, tools and methodologies that provide a significant impetus for a transition to greater sustainability, climate resilience and long-term greenhouse gas (mitigation in the region, accompanied by framework conditions that improve implementation and sectoral acceptance. Better access to financing options and support for the development of financing mechanisms and instruments involving for example national banks, development banks and public budgets will facilitate implementation. Good practices and expertise will be anchored in the institutional structures of the regional and national implementing partners.
- Armenia, Azerbaijan, Georgia, Moldova, Ukraine
- IKI funding
- 500,000.00 €
- 06/2022 till 06/2023
- Implementing organisation
- Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH
- Political Partner
- Ministry of Agrarian Policy and Food - Ukraine
- Ministry of Agriculture - Azerbaijan
- Ministry of Economy of the Republic of Armenia
- Ministry of Environmental Protection and Agriculture (MoEPA) - Georgia
- State Chancellery of the Government of the Republic of Moldova - Moldova
- Implementing Partner
- Europen Business Association (EBA) Moldova
- Institute of Economics and Forecasting of the National Academy of Sciences of Ukraijne (IEF)
- Regional Environmental Centre for the Caucasus
- The Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD)
State of implementation/results
- The preparation phase of the project includes the following topics :
- Preparation of the complete project proposal for the entire project.
- Development of country-specific project objectives, indicators and activities.
- Pre-selection of EU trade-related value chains relevant at country and regional level in agriculture and industry.
- After the preparation phase , a decision is made on further funding by the International Climate Initiative.
The link has been copied to the clipboard